TERMS AND CONDITIONS (ONE-TO-ONE LESSONS)
This Agreement is between London Music Factory and you (“you” or the “student”). If you are under 18 years old you will need permission of your parent/guardian to enter into this Agreement and/or register for any London Music Factory lessons.
2) ABSENCE, RESCHEDULING, CANCELLATIONS, AND REFUNDS
- Absence from a scheduled lesson (or number of lessons) will not give rise to any right of re-scheduling or refund.
- Any request to reschedule a lesson must be made in writing (either text message, email, or letter) and must be presented to the bookings department no later than 48 hours before the scheduled start time of any lesson. Any request that does not follow all of the above-mentioned guidelines (for whatever reason) will be disregarded. Any request that is disregarded will result in the lesson being charged and London Music Factory reserves the right to do this without consultation or notification and this is absolute.
- Tutors are not responsible for rescheduling lessons on the student’s behalf. The responsibility of this lies solely with you. Any discussions you have with a tutor do not have any significant bearing and will be disregarded by the office.
- To avoid confusion you should not contact a tutor when rescheduling a lesson. The responsibility of notifying the tutor of any changes to a lesson lies solely with London Music Factory.
- Students are unable to cancel a booking after payment has been made. In the event that the student is victim of physical injury or physical health related issues (which prevents the student from attending lessons), you may postpone the lessons until after recovery. If this situation occurs, London Music Factory has the right to request proof of injury and the decision to postpone the lessons is left solely with London Music Factory.
- London Music Factory will not give a refund for any lesson payments. In the event that a tutor can no longer attend lessons it will not give rise to any right of refund. In this instance, London Music Factory will assign a different tutor to complete the remaining lessons.
3) LESSONS, BOOKINGS, AND TUTORS
- London Music Factory reserves the right to change the date or time of any scheduled lesson, at any time.
- There is an expiration date on all bookings. Bookings of 5 lessons have an expiration period of 3 months (from the date of the first lesson). Bookings of 10 lessons have an expiration period of 5 months (from the date of the first lesson). Bookings of 30 lessons have an expiration period of 13 months (from the date of the first lesson). Bookings of 40 lessons have an expiration period of 18 months (from the date of the first lesson). Bookings of 50 lessons have an expiration period of 24 months (from the date of the first lesson). In the event that the student’s tutor postpones a lesson, London Music Factory will extend the expiry period equal to one week per lesson (postponed by the tutor).
- As you made the booking directly with a staff member from London Music Factory, the office should always be your main point of contact. Any discussions you have directly with a tutor do not have any significant bearing and will be disregarded by the office.
- Tutors are not employees of London Music Factory and are unauthorised in any dealings regarding bookings, transactions, lesson arrangements, and any other administrative duties.
4) USE OF TUTOR’S EQUIPMENT
- If the student loans equipment from a tutor you are responsible for ensuring it is not damaged, lost, or stolen as a direct or indirect result of his/her own action or failure to act appropriately. You are also responsible for the actions and omissions of any family member or other person at the location during lessons.
- In the event that any tutor’s equipment or property is damaged, lost or stolen as a direct or indirect result of negligent action or failure to act appropriately by any student, you agree to pay all reasonable costs in full including replacement or reparation of such damaged property.
- Any claims or actions required as a result of damaged, lost, or stolen property will be between you and the owner of the property, and London Music Factory is not responsible in any way.
5) TUTOR CONDUCT
London Music Factory is exempt from any responsibility and is not liable for any tutor’s improper conduct or poor performance or any other claims that may arise from lessons. Any claims that do arise will be between you, the student and the tutor.
6) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
London Music Factory’s liability to you hereunder shall be limited to the total amount you have actually paid to London Music Factory for the applicable lessons. Except as set out herein, London Music Factory shall under no circumstances be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, for any indirect or consequential loss arising hereunder or in connection with the tutor provided by London Music Factory.
London Music Factory may at any time assign, transfer, charge, subcontract or deal in any other manner with all or any of its rights under the Agreement and may subcontract or delegate in any manner any or all of its obligations under the Agreement to any third party.
If a court or any other competent authority finds that any provision of the Agreement (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of the Agreement shall not be affected.
A person who is not a party to this Agreement shall not have any rights under or in connection with it.
Except as set out in these Conditions, any variation, including the introduction of any additional terms and conditions to the Agreement shall only be binding when agreed in writing and signed by London Music Factory.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties on the subject matter hereof. There are no understandings, agreements, or representations, oral or written, not specified herein regarding this Agreement.
If you should ever have any complaint(s), please speak to any member of staff in the office and we will do our best to resolve the matter. Upon your request, for whatever reason, we will be happy to change the tutor for the student.
9) LAW AND JURISDICTION
This Agreement shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim, dispute or difference which may arise out of this Agreement.